Thursday, November 27, 2014

Hip Resurfacing 2 months later

Today it is 2 months after my hip resurfacing operation at Chennai. Life is so gooood. Seriously...

After the operation I couldn't post much. We moved recently and to top it all off we also moved both our kids to a school nearby. 

It was the most hectic month ever. October and November have been crazy...

But...

My new hip was the best thing ever...

It carried me through these tough times. Imagine moving, packing, unpacking, cleaning, mopping, arranging and all that with a hip which has been replaced in September.

Yes I had my days of pain but NOTHING compared to the days before hip resurfacing was done. I popped a few pills for pain (provided by my hip surgeon and rheumatalogist) and kept working at it.

If you are considering hip resurfacing or replacement I would suggest go for it. It will change your life.

Let me tell you what all I could do today and it is only 12:00 pm now.

Wake up kids
Make their box ( rice noodles with minced chicken in hoisin sauce and soya plus chicken nuggets)
Make rice for son, made rice noodles (sauted with garlic, ginger, pepper) for daughter.

Make breakfast - lemon rice.

Send kids to school.

Clean stove, clean kitchen, wash clothes, dust whole house, clean all mirrors in house.

Now it is time to go pick up kids, run to the bank, go to the tailors, prepare dinner (clean up for night).

So you see the new hip is taking me through all these. I was not able to do all this before and my hip resurfacing has been a BIG blessing.

I was bed ridden most days prior to surgery, had to move around with assistance and to be able to do things myself feels like a new me :).

No comments:

Post a Comment