Friday, September 12, 2014

Total hip replacement india

I had total hip resurfacing performed on September 3rd, 2014. Today is Day 10 (13 Sept). I can walk with crutches and will be posting my video here soon.

Since I was suffering from AVN for a long time I needed a lot more time than usual to regain confidence in walking.

Before I went in for hip resurfacing I had considered hip replacement initially. I think I visited the first orthepedic doctor in 2012 after my son was born, I was almost bed ridden with excruciatong pain.

I couldn't walk, couldn't move, sometimes breathing itself made it pain more.

When I visited the doctor he mentioned I needed a hip replacement soon ( my left one). Hesounded hurried, too casual and acted as though it didn't matter much.

He said he had replaced the hip joint for lots of youngsters and he seemed impatient. This was one of the leading doctors in Mumbai, India, in one of the leading hospitals.

Something just didn't feel right, so inspite of immense excrutiating pain I decided against it.

4 years later and after years of struggle I got my hip resurfaced finally last week and I am so so happy and glad I waited.

Replacement means they cut your bone off, which is a breathing living part of your body.

Resurfacing tries to retain what they can of your bone, hence you recover faster and can do much more faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment