Saturday, September 13, 2014

What is the cost of total hip replacement in India

Hip joint replacement in india can be quite expensive. I have no medical insurance and had to arrange for funds.

Both my hips need replacement, I got my left hip replacement performed on September 3' 2014.

The cost of hip replacement in India varies depending on the type of implant, the hospital charges, the doctor fees.

My hip replacement fees were very nominal and my doctor fees was the lowest possible. The major chunk of my costs were for the hospital room, I took a single room (the cheapest available). They also have a ward and it cots lesser than this room.


It is surprising that the charge for my doctor for the surgery was minimal, the rest was all hospital costs. My doctor is the best doctor and I highly recommend him.


I would suggest instead of worrying about cost of hip replacement you need to think and give weight-age to who the doctor is, can you trust him, is he genuine and caring, is he someone who understands your requirements.

I had two choices for total hip replacement, one was delta motion and another metal on metal.  I could not opt for BMHR or Birmingham Hip Replacement as my hip joint was almost gone, it had worn off or whatever medical term there might be.

My doctor showed me my xrays, explained many things and showed me my options.

After surgery he visited me and showed me pictures of before and after which I will be posting here.

No comments:

Post a Comment